Hosted By: TalentED @ Platform Innovation Centre (Classroom 1)
Employers will walk away from this activity-based workshop with an understanding of different options to bring students into their organization, available at Calgary-based Post-Secondary Institutions, through Work Integrated Learning (WIL) and which options work best for their organization. Outcomes include the ability to:
- Identify over six different WIL options available for employers to utilize student talent in their organization
- Distinguish between the different WIL definitions, including paid and unpaid options, available timing, and requirements to participate as a WIL employer, as well as pros/cons of each type
- Determine which WIL types are best suited to your organization structure and goals
- Network with PSI representatives and the TalentED YYC team, available to further support you with scoping student-based opportunities for your organization
- Gain early access to Calgary’s Work Integrated Learning catalogue – an employer tool to understand student recruitment options and timing
This event is a part of Innovation Week – a week of events to showcase the diversity and depth of what’s happening in innovation and technology in Calgary and celebrate the people and the ideas that are having an impact.