Discover how successful leaders embrace equity, inclusion, and accessibility to effectively communicate with diverse peoples.
This 2-hour workshop is designed to empower and equip business, workplace and not-for-profit leaders, in developing inclusive cultures where everyone is and feels valued and respected.
We will focus on deepening our understandings of the benefits of equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility, and how successful leaders have embraced these principles to successfully communicate with people from widely different backgrounds and life experiences.
In this workshop, you will:
• Understand the business case for EDI
• Understand what EDI is
• Build an inclusion mindset
• Practice inclusive communication
• Identify strategies to become a more inclusive leader
• Be able to articulate an organizational commitment to inclusion and explain why it is important
• Gain comfort discussing aspects of diversity and the way they affect employees’ experience of the workplace
• Understand the difference between individual bias and systemic discrimination
• Understand allyship